NYC SST 2 Hour Drug and Alcohol Awareness E-learning Course (DOB Approved)
The NYC SST 2 hour Drug and Alcohol Awareness Online course is designed for construction personnel in NYC and covers drug and alcohol dependence disorders, especially related to the workplace, how to recognize the signs that someone may be under the influence and the associated dangers. Special consideration and focus is given to working on a construction site while being under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Anyone wishing to complete this course must have high speed internet access and a web camera. Students will be monitored throughout the course by facial recognition, in compliance with RCNY 105-03.
*Please Ensure you fully understand the pre-requisites prior to booking your online course *
The hours covered in the course count towards both the 62 Hour Supervisor and 40 Hour Workers (Full) SST Card.
Upon successful completion of the online drug & alcohol awareness course candidates will be able to:
- Describe adverse effects of drug and alcohol in the workplace
- Recognize problems associated with substance
- Avoid working while under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol and be less susceptible and better at recognizing, avoiding and preventing (RAP) adverse consequences of drug and/or alcohol use and abuse.
- Recognize and understand issues of chemical dependence that may adversely affect the lives of others who they know and love.
This SST Online 2 Hour Drug and Alcohol Awareness course will cover the following topics:
- Adverse effects of drug and alcohol in the workplace
- How to recognize problems associated with substance dependency
- How to become less susceptible and better at recognizing, avoiding and preventing (RAP) adverse consequences of drug and/or alcohol use and abuse
- Recognize and understand issues of chemical dependence that may adversely affect the lives of others
Delegates will be required to attend full online learning hours and complete a written exam. A pass rate of at least 70% is required on the written assessment. Registrants will have up to 3 attempts to complete and pass the final course assessment. Upon successful completion of this course and course exam, students will receive a certificate of completion of 2 hours toward the Site Safety Requirement.
Who should attend
Anyone who wishes to achieve the SST Card
Anyone wishing to complete this course must have high speed internet access and a web camera.
Prior to starting the course, during the enrollment process, registrants will need to take a photo to verify their identity and upload a government issued photo ID. Facial biometric verification is used throughout the course so please make sure that your photo is clear with a simple background. No hats or headphones should be worn, and students will need to avoid sitting in front of a light source as it will interfere with the facial biometrics verification. This photo will be used for your SST Card.