Virtual Instructor-Led NYC 10 Hour SST Worker
This Virtual Instructor Led 10 hour SST Worker training course will include the 8 Hour Fall Prevention and 2 Hour Drug & Alcohol Awareness training required to meet the NYC DOB regulations for Site Safety Training. In order to apply for the SST Card candidates will also require the OSHA 30 Training course.
Training will consist of a combination of lectures, PowerPoint presentations and open classroom discussions throughout the course.
The Virtual Instructor Led 8 Hour Fall Protection course will ensure delegates can:
- Identify fall hazards and proper safety equipment
- Interpret OSHA and DOB regulations
- Pinpoint employer requirements to protect workers from fall hazards
The 2 Hour Drug & Alcohol Awareness course will ensure delegates can:
- Describe adverse effects of drug and alcohol in the workplace
- Recognize problems associated with substance abuse
- Avoid working while under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol and be less susceptible and better at recognizing, avoiding and preventing (RAP) adverse consequences of drug and/or alcohol use and abuse.
- Recognize and understand issues of chemical dependence that may adversely affect the lives of others who they know and love.
The 8 Hour Fall Protection element will cover the following topics:
- Guardrail system installation
- The use of safety nets
- Fall Hazards
- Donning and doffing of personal fall arrest systems
- Scaffold Safety & ladders
- Falling object protection requirements under OSHA and DOB regulations.
The 2 Hour Drug & Alcohol Awareness element will cover the following topics:
- Adverse effects of drug and alcohol in the workplace How to recognize problems associated with substance dependency
- How to become less susceptible and better at recognizing, avoiding and preventing (RAP) adverse consequences of drug and/or alcohol use and abuse
- Recognize and understand issues of chemical dependence that may adversely affect the lives of others
Attendees will be required to attend full learning hours and achieve a pass rate of at least 70% on each written assessment. Upon successful completion candidates will be issued with a certificate of completion and wallet card. Please note certification will take between 5 – 10 business days to be issued.
Who Should Attend
Anyone wishing to achieve the SST Card.
Don't see what you are looking for? Please give us a call at 480-779-9969