NYC 8 Hour DOB Special Rigger Renewal Course
This NYC 8 Hour DOB Special Rigger Renewal course is a continuing education requirement for individuals who are renewing their Special Riggers License with the NYC Department of Buildings. The course will cover topics such as maintenance, installation, repair and others. This course will also review relevant sections of building code.
Upon completion of this 8 Hour Special Rigger Refresher training course, students will be able to demonstrate an understanding of:
- Building Code and Rule updates.
- Safe hoisting practices.
- Inspections and record keeping.
- Review of math and calculations.
- Façade restoration requirements (applications, permits, safety plans).
- NYC DOB Chapter 33 (safety during construction).
The 8 Hour Special Rigger Renewal course will cover the following mandatory topics:
- Differences between OSHA standards and the NYC Building Code
- Apply 1 RCNY 104-20, 1 RCNY 104-21, 1 RCNY 104-22
- Identification of rigging equipment and their hazards
- Discussion of common causes of accidents with hoisting and rigging
- Identification of unsafe conditions in the use of load binders.
- Development of emergency procedures.
- Inspection of rigging hardware and recognition of unsatisfactory conditions.
- Proper use and limitations of rigging equipment and hardware (wire rope, synthetic slings, shackles, eye bolts, hooks, etc.).
- Safe working practices when performing hoisting and rigging.
- Proper hand signals used during lifting operations.
- Recognition of suspension methods and setup.
- Calculation of loads for rigging, measurement, symbols, geometry, leverage, friction, fulcrum, center of gravity, uniform and concentrated loading.
Attendees are required to attend and complete 100% of the course and actively participate in all learning activities including hands-on exercises and the final course exam. Students must pass the hands-on and written assessment with a score of 70% or higher
Who Should Attend
This Rigger course is intended for individuals with an NYC DOB Special Riggers license who are intending to renew their certification.
Individuals attending this course must hold an expired or soon to be expired NYC DOB Special Rigger license. Students attending this course must present their original Special Rigger license.
Don't see what you are looking for? Please give us a call at 480-779-9969