NYC SST 4 Hour Supported Scaffold User & Refresher
This 4 hour Supported Scaffold User & Refresher course is a requirement for any individual who wishes to work on or use a supported scaffold in NYC. This site safety training course will cover basic elements and introduce students to the nature of supported scaffold hazards. During this SST course emphasis is placed on the role of the scaffold user in accident prevention, which includes scaffold inspections, fall protection, recognizing hazards, and responding to emergencies.
Upon successful completion of the course candidates will be able to:
- Outline New York City Building Code supported scaffold safety requirements
- Identify the most common supported scaffold safety hazards and how to protect themselves
- List supported scaffold types and major components
- Inspect supported scaffolds in accordance with federal and local safety regulations
The 4 Hour Supported Scaffold User & Refresher training course will cover the following topics:
- Introduction to Supported Scaffolds
- Review of Supported Scaffold Accidents
- Overview of OSHA 1926 Subpart “L”: Scaffolds
- Overview of NYC Dept. of Buildings & Construction Codes
- General Principals of Fall Protection
- Personal Protective Equipment & Fall Arrest Systems
- Supported Scaffold Hardware, Inspection & Use
- Emergency Situations & Preparedness Procedures
Attendees will be required to attend full learning hours and achieve a pass rate of at least 70% on the written assessment. Upon successful completion candidates will be issued with a certificate of completion and wallet card. Please note certification will take between 5 – 10 business days to be issued.
Who Should Attend
Anyone who wishes to work on or use supported scaffold within NYC.
Don't see what you are looking for? Please give us a call at 480-779-9969